Male Sex workers
All substances with the following characteristics are known as drugs:
- Substances carried to the brain via the bloodstream, modifying our natural state.
- Continued drug use can create tolerance, the need to consume larger and larger quantities of the substance to get the same effect. Drugs also create dependency: if you are dependent on a drug you need to consume to avoid the physical withdrawal symptoms, and to be able to face your daily life psychologically.
- Substance abuse can lead to physical, psychological and social disorders..
Drugs are classified in relation to their effect on the central nervous system:
- Depressors: alcohol, opiates, hashish, marijuana, tranquilizers, ketamine, GHB (liquid ecstasy)
- Stimulants: MDMA (Ecstasy), speed, cocaine, trippies
Drugs can be consumed various ways: smoked, as hashish, marijuana, tobacco; orally, alcohol, or synthetic drugs; snorted, cocaine or speed; inhaled, glue; or injected, heroin.